Thursday, September 11, 2008

life list: take my mom out to lunch

I accomplished this goal while visiting my family in New York last month. My mom and I went shopping a bunch (there's not much to do on Long Island) and one afternoon we had lunch at Friendly's. (I think they're only in the Northeast, but they used to have really good veggie burgers. Now all their meatless options are doused in cheese, which was a big disappointment. But anyway...) At the end of our meal, I told my mom I would be picking up the check. She tried to fight me on it, but I fought harder. It took explaining this whole 101 in 1001 thing to her, and even then she was skeptical, but it didn't matter, because I won!

Also, I took my mom out to lunch. Does this mean I'm officially a grown-up? If so, EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment