Monday, September 29, 2008

weekly resolutions

Last week was not as productive as I had planned, but this is not a bad thing. It's a lesson in learning to let go, relax, and enjoy myself. So what if I only wrote one flash fiction piece? So what if I skipped a week of the push up challenge? So what if I still owe my crafting group an instruction sheet for bookbinding? I did manage to remember how to bind books, and I did go for two entirely separate two mile runs. I also made a pie, and went on a long bicycle ride with Nathan, and rearranged our apartment's office ON TOP OF cleaning all the floors. Sometimes priorities shift and that's okay.

As for my priorities this week?

1. Ride in the Pineywoods Purgatory! I am signed up for the 25 mile course. Nathan is attempting the 50. I have never done a long ride like this before and I'm nervous but excited. My goal is simply to reach the finish line, even if I'm the last person to roll on through. Wish me luck!

2. Start the self-portrait project with Kealy. This is based on the 365 Project that a lot of people do - they photograph themselves every day for one year. Kealy and I liked that idea, but thought a year was too long. So we're just going to do a self-portrait every day for the month of October. I think, given my inherent narcissism, that this will be easy to complete. I also think I'm going to be proven wrong.

3. Catch up on last week's writing goals and start a new short story. Self-explanatory.

Are you accomplishing or attempting any feats, great or small, this week? Let me know and we can cheer each other on!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like things are going well with you.

    I STARTED MY BLOG!

    youre the first person im telling btw.

    http://katiescifres.blogspot.com/

    tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starts tomorrow. I'm a little scared and happy that we didn't decide to do 365 days. You're going to do great on the Purgatory. You probably already have your biker's butt from biking to work, so the biggest worry is out of the way.

    ReplyDelete