Monday, October 06, 2008

four and five



The first photo is from Saturday, and was taken right after I rode 25 miles in the Pineywoods Purgatory. I was tired. Second photo is from Sunday, when we were running errands and enjoying the luxury of not having to ride our bicycles 25 miles anywhere.

So my camera is kind of broken. It still takes pictures, but the screen is all messed up and won't show you what you just photographed. You have to wait until you put the pictures on the computer before you can see what brilliance (or not - see picture number four) you captured. I was thinking this was a real hardship until Sonnie pointed out that it was simply old school. Like when you had to wait for your pictures to be developed before you could see them. And you had to pay for them, too! Even if they sucked! So, while I still wish I had a better camera and am considering getting a new one (any recommendations for digital cameras that are decent yet cheap?) roughing it for the next few weeks doesn't seem quite so impossible.

5 comments:

  1. I can't help you much if all you're looking for is a point and shoot - never really looked into those. But I'll give you what I know. Two cameras that'd I'd highly recommend would be the Canon EOS Rebel XT or the Canon EOS Rebel XTi. I currently use the XT and I really love it. The XT seems to be cheaper than the XTi. Now, these may be a bit more camera than you need, but like I said, I'm telling you what I know. The cheapest I've found it is $229 here:

    http://tinyurl.com/3fsbkc

    and here's a link to canon webiste for the XT so you can get all the technical details:

    http://tinyurl.com/3b5hwf

    If you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like my Panasonic Lumix. They have a wide range of cameras - mine is similar to this but they have a wide range of styles and price points.

    dot

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the advice! i'm sure i'll be blogging about camera buying more often as i get serious about a new camera, and i will definitely be getting in touch with my camera-savvy friends for help and guidance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the green riding top. that is apple-licious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Dot. I have a panasonic lumix and I <3 it. The small hand held one is great and I know a few peeps who have and love it.

    ReplyDelete