Thursday, October 23, 2008

twenty-three

Today marks Texas' first foray into a definite Autumn chill. It had been getting down to the 40's at night, but then the days were always warm and pleasant and perfect. Today, though. Today is different. Today I had to wear gloves and two sweaters layered on top of one another on my bike ride home for lunch. You might think a native New Yorker would be a bit braver when cold weather comes calling, but I'm not ashamed to tell you otherwise. While I was waiting for Nathan outside the Forestry building and whining to myself, I decided to snap this picture of my gloved hand. And maybe - just maybe - I started to feel a tiny bit warmer.


Tomorrow I'm leaving for San Antonio, to go to a conference with two of my co-workers. I'm mostly going to support and network - nothing official and no presentations, which is a nice change. I plan on eating good food, taking lots of pictures, finally seeing what all the fuss is about, and keeping up with my October Portrait Project. I probably won't get a chance to update my blog (visually, at least) until I get back on Sunday, so don't worry if you don't hear from me until then. I'm sure you'll make it through the next few days. Everything will be okay. You are all beautiful and wonderful and lovely.

Which reminds me - thanks for all the great feedback on photos twenty and twenty-two! I had no idea you would like them so much - though I have to admit, I had my secret hopes. I always have secret hopes, and they almost always come true.

Until next time! <3

3 comments:

  1. cold, schmold ... whatever. ;-)

    Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling your pain. I wander around Sackets Harbor in a thick jacket, hat and mittens and see all the natives in a thin jacket, bare headed and nary a glove in sight. *Sigh* I keep trying to tell myself that it's just that I haven't lived near a large body of water, but that excuse isn't holding up well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. San Antonio is going to be a blast, I can't wait to read all about it!

    Oh. And I had just finished reading my daily TUT note from the Universe, so I was thisclose to spewing fluffy new age nonsense at you when I read the part about secret hopes coming true...but then I regained my senses. You've been saved. This time.

    Love you!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete