Tuesday, November 04, 2008

it's here!


In 2004, I convinced my Mom to vote for the first time in years. She ended up voting for George W. Bush, and while part of me despaired at the fact that I had caused Bush to gain one more vote, the other part of me was proud that my Mom voted at all.

Today is Election Day, and I think that you should vote. Naturally, I would prefer that you voted for Barack Obama, because I think he is the best candidate, but in the end, I just want you to vote for whoever you think will do the best job. Think about it - if everyone voted, and voted with their hearts, then the winner of the election would reflect the will of the people. I can get on board with that, even if I don't agree with it. But if people stay home, don't care, are apathetic, lazy, forgetful - well, then the election is not a true reflection of our collection needs and hopes and dreams. And that's fucked up.

So vote! If you hate both the candidates, vote for a third party! And if you love me, then vote for Barack Obama.

9 comments:

  1. It appears that I love you. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go THIRD PARTY!!! Sorry, should I leave now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am stealing the last 2 paragraphs here to quote you in my blog. if that's not ok let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GJ - love is everywhere!
    Catazon - You can stay. I am down with third parties!
    Jo - steal, steal, steal! (that's a yes, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including my photo from the Seattle rally last February. This is a historic day and it is important to vote (even if you vote for the other guys).

    To everyone that helped get out the vote, by making calls, knocking on doors, and getting people to the polls - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We in the UK are willing American voters to make the right decision today! I'd be out to vote Obama in a heartbeat if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you AND Barack Obama! I'm sure it's no coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the waft of cookies and love are in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey. fix your post to rss feed time. you're throwing me off.

    yeah. you know who this is.

    ReplyDelete