Friday, December 12, 2008

almost

It almost snowed in East Texas on Wednesday. Almost, but not quite. It did get cold enough for the handle on my car door to freeze shut! That was kind of exciting. And by exciting, I mean because it hardly ever happens. Make no mistake - I hate cold weather, I hate snow, I hate slush, I hate having to wear socks to bed. I am a confirmed Summertime Gal, and no amount of holiday cheer or winter wonderland is ever going to change me. Bah humbug to all that.

My boss lady brought wassail into work today, and it has warmed my heart. Have you heard of wassail? I hadn't until I moved to Texas, but I'm glad to have been enlightened. It almost makes winter okay. Almost.

It's almost the weekend. I'm excited for the weekend, as usual, but this one should be especially good. It will involve tons of baking, lots of coffee, long dog walks, crafty nights with friends, manicures, and drinks, and a latke party. Yes, yes. Good times ahead.

Oh yeah, and I got a haircut a few weeks ago. My hair-artist used product and a blow dryer, and somehow managed to sculpt my hair into this pile of unaccustomed gorgeousness. It has not looked like this since, but I'm thinking it might be fun to, I don't know, experiment with my femininity once in a while. This ponytail is getting old.

Happy Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Odd-ball pet peeve: The way hair-stylists use "product" in a sentence the way they do. "Do you use product?" I can't tell you why that bugs me, I can't even tell you if it's a proper way to use the word or not. Not that you needed to know that, but there it is.

    Very nice hair though!

    PS: I'm a Winter person myself. Summer = Bugs. And I can't abide the things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! I was admiring it on one of your profile photos earlier :)

    I've given up on hairdressers. They are always trying to brush my hair or cutting it badly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a swell look but you are always a prime model of femininity...

    *coming from the girl who wishes she liked dresses/skirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I trained the kinders to say .... ooooh la la

    ReplyDelete
  5. The word bombshell comes to mind! Rowr! Ha. However, I agree with Sonnie that you're always the ladiest of ladies to me! Also, I agree with Michale about "product." Stylists, can we get an article or at least an adjective up in here once in awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are you?! It's always so bittersweet to leave the hairdresser knowing I look hot ... because I also know there is a 1.5% chance that I will ever be able to recreate the look on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youre hair---totally sexy. My God. Thats fabulous!

    Love you!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear that I didn't post this picture of my hair-do solely for the complimenting comments that y'all have been so kind to leave. I only did it partially for the compliments. And I thank you!

    ReplyDelete