Thursday, December 18, 2008

gearing up

In less than an hour, I'm leaving work and I won't be back in the office until January 5th, 2009. How's that for a vacation? We'll be taking our usual epic end of the year road trip to visit family for the holidays. Last year we drove to New York to see my parents and sisters (a trip which resulted in the above photos). This year, we're driving first to Kentucky to visit Mammoth Cave National Park, where Nathan spent the summer living and doing research for his thesis. He wants me to see the place that stole him away for two months and take me on a cave tour. I'm excited. Caves are so cool! After Kentucky, it's straight to Illinois for a week at his parent's place. I haven't been to Illinois in two years, and this time we plan on seeing snow (maybe), going to a hockey game (my first!) and generally laying about and relaxing. Fun times!

As for today, we've got to clean out and pack up the car, put together a survival kit of healthy vegan road food, finish laundry, clean out the fridge, make sure the camera has fresh batteries, assure the dog that we won't be leaving him behind, and wrap up a few last minute gifts. Basically, I'll be busy until we hit the road at 5:00am tomorrow, and I'm okay with that. I'll be on vacation, officially, and everything is better on vacation.

I'm sure I'll update periodically while I'm away (Hello, MacBook!) and I'm still working on my killer list of resolutions for 2009. If you need inspiration for your own or are just looking for something to read, don't forget about the Secret Society of List Addicts! Have a lovely weekend, a happy holiday, and the most banging conclusion to 2008 that you can manage. (And if I know you, you can manage.)

Until next time! xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. Belated comment, but have a fabulous time, it sounds like you're going to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are going to love hockey. It is one of my favorite spectator sports (besides derby). Have a great time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete