Wednesday, December 10, 2008

plans

The last few days have been heavy on planning, light on actual action.

+ I downloaded a Mac program called Scrivener which is supposed to serve as a virtual writing lab. It has lots of different features - story boarding, note cards, outlining tools. I'm thinking it might be a good way to make real progress on an idea I've had kicking around in my head for some time - a kind of hybrid novel that combines a bunch of other, shorter things I've been working on. The best lesson I learned from NaNoWriMo is that to be productive, I need a project. (Duh.) At any rate, I'm going to use Scrivener to develop an outline and organize my ideas, and then take it from there. I'll let y'all know how it works!

+ Nathan and I are traveling to Illinois this year for Christmas. I get the 24th through the 2nd off from work, and I'm taking a few extra days in the beginning of vacation, because why not? Yesterday I realized that the 2nd is a Friday, so really I don't have to be at work again until the 5th of January. That means I will have over two weeks of vacation! I'll tell you, working at a university really has some perks.

+ I am currently crafting the perfect series of New Year's Resolutions. Yes, I know they are corny and silly and sometimes self-defeating, but I like them. They help me stay focused. My list will likely be short this year, since I'm still working steadily on my 101 list, but don't worry. I never miss an opportunity to make a new resolution.

+ And speaking of lists, I've been invited to take part in a new bloggy project, which will be unveiled tomorrow! I'm excited to have a new side project to suck up my time, and even more excited to share it with you. Be sure and check back tomorrow for more information!

That's all for now. I promise a post of solid substance and real progress soon.

3 comments:

  1. My friend did NanoWrimo too, and she swears by Scrivener. Makes me wish I had a mac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macs are the best! I've heard really good things about Scrivener, so I'm hoping it does the trick. :)

    ReplyDelete