Wednesday, December 10, 2008

secret society of list addicts!

Yesterday, I told you that I was taking part in a new bloggy project, and today that project goes live. Say hello to the Secret Society of List Addicts! Here's a snippet of the About page:
We love lists. We make them for every occasion. We make them for non-occasions. We make them for all the reasons that some people make them, and then we multiply those reasons by a thousand. Lists are a passion for us, a happy obsession, and the Secret Society of List Addicts is a place for us to indulge our addictions, share our ideas, and hopefully inspire one another to cross more things off our own lists.
I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Gee. How is Chrissy going to have time to do anything on her many lists when she's contributing to yet another blog? Isn't this getting a little out of hand?" But you're also thinking, "Damn. What a great idea! I wish I could contribute to that blog." I have good news that relates to both these thoughts.

The first is that I am not writing this blog alone. There are three other members of the Secret Society of List Addicts, each of them talented and inspiring bloggers in their own right - Bridey, Vixel and Sarah. Also, we are accepting submissions of lists from readers, and we're welcoming lists that span any and every subject and style, so please don't be shy!

At the very least, the Secret Society of List Addicts should prove a fun way to divert my already fractured attention span, get to know some new bloggers, and give us all an excuse to make a few extra lists. And that's what really matters, right? Of course. Check out the blog and let us know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. I love that theme...good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean the layout? bridey picked that out and i think it's lovely. makes me want to give my blog a facelift. a new me for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's what I meant (Wordpress users apply "themes" for layouts), but good idea for a blog theme as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, you fancy wordpress people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a list freak, too!

    I have three going right now on my chalk boards and some more in my desk drawers.I'll probably start another one in the morning.

    Fun!

    ReplyDelete