(MaryT is hosting a renegade color week, and today's color is red. So if you notice a theme below, that's why! And if you find yourself feeling renegade-esque, it's never too late to join in!)
This past weekend was very busy. Here are the highlights:
* Friday after work, we headed to the park for a dog date with the lovely Josephine, her boyfriend Chris, and their sweet pup Clementine. Seamus and Clementine get along well and it was fun to discreetly drink beers, in the grass, on a flannel blanket, as the sun went down.
* Chris collects the political paraphernalia of losing candidates. This collection might beat out Nathan's bowl of assorted stress balls. I can't decide - perhaps it's a draw?
* On Saturday, the ladies got together for a crafternoon at MaryT's house. I attempted to make a bag, but realized too late that while I brought my sewing machine, I failed to pack my plug or pedal. Oh, well. On the bright side, I did manage to measure and cut the fabric for the pattern, which is my least favorite part of sewing.
* After crafting, MaryT made me a delicious dinner of orzo, spinach, and cherry tomatoes, seasoned with garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. So simple. So scrumptious! I bought my own orzo the very next day and cannot wait to recreate.
* The Church of Skatin' met Sunday morning for 45 minutes of wheeled exercise, followed by an hour of coffee and chit chat. I like my weekly soy latte very much.
* Also: blueberries and strawberries on sale at the Kroger; organized kitchen cabinets; making pesto with pecans because that was all I had, and it was good!; cuddling with sleepy dogs; making lists and crossing things off them; lots of entrants in the contest (have you commented yet?); being nervous for my first day of class (tonight!); and looking forward to a busier week ahead.
Have a good one!