Friday, February 13, 2009

a day for love


I know my boyfriend cares about me, because for Valentine's day he bought me the vegan cowboy boots pictured above. Yes, yes. This is love.

We don't usually do Valentine's day but we're making an exception this year. Part of that exception is going to the yoga studio for a potluck, martini bar, faux-photo booth and jazz performance. I'm very much looking forward to it and have spent most of the morning trying to decide what to bring, food-wise. So far I've settled on the Fudge Pecan Pie from La Dolce Vegan (which, I discovered via the Google, has a typo in the recipe. Google to the rescue!) As far as a main dish goes, I'm stumped and am opened to any and all last minute suggestions.

The next few weeks are going to be really busy. Tomorrow is Valentine's day. Next week I'm presenting to three separate education classes on campus, making Nathan a super delicious dinner for his birthday, and competing in the Heartbreak Duathlon in Tyler. The week after that I'm going to Washington D.C. for five days, to attend the best conference ever (WebWise Oh Nine!) and have an impromptu college reunion with Scott, Rachel and Ella. Woot! In between those weeks, my first story will be handed in and workshopped in class. The business doesn't end there, but I'll spare you the Google calendar. Suffice to say the coming weeks will bring you and the Internet many photos, stories and indulgent navel gazing. I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. them boots are made for walkin' :-)Sounds like you have a wonderful night ahead, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice boots! You're more ready for rodeo than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now those boots are hawt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boots!! And I love that fudge pecan pie... it is so good and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all will be relieved to know that the boots are just as awesome in person. They fit like a glove and are comfortable to boot! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice kicks! tell Nathan i'm impressed, a great gift :)

    ReplyDelete