Thursday, March 19, 2009

spring break


I am interrupting my Internet fast to let y'all know that I am still alive and still very much enjoying the wonderful loophole that allows me to be a real grown-up with a real job who STILL gets spring break. I am a very lucky girl and have not taken a moment of this week for granted.

We spent the first four days of our vacation from life camping at Caddo Lake State Park. Caddo Lake is known for the Cypress trees that stand sentry in the lake. My photo doesn't do them justice - in person, they might just convince you that you've taken a wrong turn and ended up on another planet.

We have also seen our friends' band perform downtown, played Bocce ball in the MRTs backyard, and drank beer in the middle of the day. I finished reading two books and started and finished another. Tomorrow, we have plans to kayak the Neches river and this weekend we're going to a wedding.

I've also been working on a short story. I'm planning to workshop it in class, and I'm pleased with the way it's turning out. I challenged myself to set a story in Bellport, which is the village on Long Island where I did a lot of growing up. I hardly ever set stories in New York, so it's been an interesting experiment.

I hope that you, where ever you are, whatever you're doing, are having a good time being there and doing that. Until next time! xo.

5 comments:

  1. Ohh kayaking, so much fun! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Caddo Lake. Thanks for the memory and thanks for the post! Great to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place is creepy and way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just found your blog. Glad to hear your trip was fun, and I can't wait to read your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eralda! Thanks for reading. My story... well... you'll definitely read it. That's all I'm going to say about that! ;)

    ReplyDelete