Wednesday, April 15, 2009

to drink or not to drink

(Funny how I never run out of photos of bottles of beer.)

My experiment in sobriety is drawing to a close. But before I can kick back with a cold drink and look back on the last few weeks with a sense of sober accomplishment, I need help figuring something out - what, exactly, makes a month?

I started this challenge on Sunday, March 22nd, which means the last beer I had (a home-brewed beauty!) was on Saturday, the 21st, at Neil's after-wedding party. (Whoa - has it really been that long?) I am inclined to say that four full weeks equals one month, which means I could celebrate my accomplishment with a bottle of wine on Sunday, April 19th. However, a month can also be defined as more than four weeks - that is, the 22nd of March to the 21st of April. Yes, it's only a matter of three days we're talking about here, but I want to do this right. (Mostly so I won't have to do it again.)

And so I come to you, dear Readers. I have created poll in the sidebar of this blog where you can vote on this very important issue. Thanks in advance for your help and support!

6 comments:

  1. How do you feel after a month of sobriety? Was it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physically, I feel about the same. I am not typically a heavy drinker, but I am fond of dark beer and red wine. Mentally, I found that I do not, in fact, need a drink or two to socialize or enjoy myself at a party or show. Seems obvious, but you'd be surprised! I plan on blogging more about this (and about how it feels to drink a beer after a month without) next week. Hopefully I'll have more insights then!

    Thanks for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go the full 30/31 days. You've already gone 28, what's another three?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know. And that's probably what I'll do - especially considering the vote is currently split right down the middle. I don't want half my readers thinking I'm not for realz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's awesome!!! I couldn't do it, but it sounds like you're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the month ended on a Friday, I would say go for it, but since it doesn't, you might as well do a full month.

    Oh wait! That's the mom in me who only goes out on weekends. ;-)

    ReplyDelete