Tuesday, May 05, 2009

be my guest

Friends! I have written my very first guest post on another delightful woman's blog. The blog is Yes and Yes (because yes is more fun than no!) and my post is called How to Become a Runner Who Likes to Run. It provides a nice summary about my quest to become a runner, from my humble beginnings in Remedial Gym and right up to my latest quest to conquer the marathon. (I ran eight miles this past Sunday!) I encourage you to check it out, along with the rest of Sarah's posts and guest posts.

And if anyone has clicked over here from Yes and Yes, welcome! If you like writing, dogs, eating, running, books, photos and/or lofty goals, you have come to the right place.

4 comments:

  1. i was so inspired by your guest post i ran four miles today. i dedicate the run to you. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the guest post and am happy to have come across your site! I'm also a runner and my beginning-to-run story runs similar to yours. I also went from setting the goal to run a 5K by the end of summer two years ago to just having run my first marathon this past April!! It was the most amazing experience and now I can't wait to train for another one next spring! I can't wait for you to cross that finish line and feel the amazingness of running such a distance!

    I am a PhD student who also loves to read, write, run, play with my dog, eat good (sulfite-free, I'm allergic) food, and blog about style and fashion in academia. I look forward to perusing your site since it appears that we have some things in common and invite you to check out our site if you'd like:
    www.academichic.com

    Great guest post and good luck with those miles!! I can't wait to read about your progress as you near your marathon goal!
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi S! Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments. I checked out academichic, and I love it! I work in academia as well, and the fashions you highlight are right up my alley. I'll be subscribing for inspiration, and to try and figure out which lady you are! xo

    ReplyDelete