Thursday, May 14, 2009

on a roll

This has been an excellent week.

I finished up my fiction class and handed in my final portfolio. I revised the hell out of my first story and good news - I actually like it! (For now, anyway.) My dinners this week have been both adventurous AND delicious (trust me, those two do not always go hand in hand). Tomorrow, I'm having friends over to watch the season finale of Lost on the projector (no spoilers until then!) and tonight, I'm going directly to the park after work, drinking a beer, and enjoying the company of my favorite person and my favorite animal. I am so lucky!

Some other things making me happy this week:

Eralda started up her cooking blog. The latest recipe posted is for the granola about which I've been raving. I'm newly in love with Academichic, which showcases fashionable clothes that I'd actually wear - in fact, it's already inspired me to wear both a skirt AND a dress this week (not at the same time). Spring has officially arrived in East Texas, and that means strawberries, raspberries and mangoes are all super cheap and super delicious. MRT the Elder finished his undergraduate career this week (congrats!) and the party to celebrate is Saturday. We caught up on The Office last night, and great news - it's back to being the awkward, painful and heartbreakingly hilarious show that I know and love. And last but not least, tomorrow is Friday.

Yes, yes. An excellent week indeed.

7 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to get our weekend on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy, you're on a roll! Awesome! And thanks for the nice shout out! :)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to tell you something like "everyone dies" or "sawyer is pregnant" to pretend to ruin LOST for you.. but then i realized that anything i say could actually be believable on The Island.

    oh... plus, i think you already watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a projector? where ever did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved the Lost party! Your food was delicious, and your company fun, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pfunk and I clap our hands on our knees every time we watch the Office. That's your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! I still clap my hands on my knees too. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete