Friday, August 28, 2009

where does the week go?

Seamus is doubly concerned by my lack of posts.

I realized today that I haven't posted anything of substance for weeks. Sure, there have been birthday parties, camping trips, and fake dance sessions galore, but as for thoughts, ideas, hopes dreams? I've been busy living, which means little time for reflection via blogging.

But never fear! Things appear to be slowing down, which is the perfect time for living deeply. The new semester starts on Monday, and even though it will remain in the upper 90's for another month or two, summer is, for all intents and purposes, over. I'll be eagerly continuing my career as a faux-graduate student by taking Creative Non-fiction this Fall. I'm very excited to be back in a workshop, and even more excited that the university has an employee scholarship program which pays for my passions. Working for the man is not without its perks.

This weekend will provide the perfect transition from laid back summer nights to productive autumn afternoons. Nathan is in Wichita Falls, riding the Hotter'N Hell 100, and I am here, home, with a dog and an apartment all to myself. Plans include cleaning the house, making delicious food, moving my body in a multitude of ways, finishing books, working on stories, and spending time with but a few of my very best friends. I'm going to start living deeply again, and it is going to be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I too am looking forward to a weekend of living deeply, which will involve friends, treats, and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just wanted an excuse to post pictures of your cute dog.

    I'm having a hard time this summer accomplishing anything. I think it is due to the fact that I have a 6 year old for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. Do some stuff for me, please.

    ReplyDelete