Monday, September 28, 2009

hidden beaches



Thanks to Amy, we happen to know the location of a beautiful place for camping, lake swimming, and hammock sleeping. Best of all? This oasis in the forest is less than an hour and a half drive from our apartment, and we spent the past weekend basking in it's calm beauty.



Seamus doesn't particularly enjoy camping. A dog of luxury, he prefers a comfortable couch to a sandy beach, and he harbors a great fear of flying insects. On this trip, however, he overcame many of his "issues," and seemed to - dare I say it? - thrive in the wild. He also enjoys wearing his camping backpack and carrying his own food, tennis ball, and blanket. He is a very good dog.



I made vegan pancakes on the stove! Before we left home, I mixed together the dry ingredients and wrote the wet ingredients on the outside of a plastic freezer bag. At breakfast time, I added the wet ingredients and, in two easy steps, we were able to enjoy vegan chocolate chip pancakes with agave nectar, while gazing out over the lake, sipping percolated coffee, and watching Seamus nap by the fire. Best. Idea. Ever.




Nathan's obsession with fungi continues.



This is quite possibly my favorite photo of all time. I love how excited Nathan is to go swimming, and how Seamus would blindly follow either of us anywhere.



On Sunday, I rolled out of my hammock and was treated to a gorgeous sunrise before packing up to head home, relaxed, content, and ready for a shower. I hope you had a perfectly thrilling weekend as well, and that the next one isn't too far off.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset. That place is so pretty. Thanks for posting pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo - I will write down the directions and give them to you! You'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty. There are still cockroaches and humid temps though, right? You almost made me forget.

    ReplyDelete