Thursday, December 17, 2009

2009 in review - july through december

Part two of my 2009 recap! Enjoy, and thanks for indulging me.


 

 July, July A busy month, spent mostly on the road. I was lucky enough to go to Chicago for the American Library Association's annual conference, where I ate much delicious food and met one of my oldest blogging friends, Carleen, for the very first time. Nathan and I also traveled to Illinois to visit his parents in Jerseyville. July was also the month during which I really fell in love with running and training, going so far as to run WHILE ON VACATION and racking up a (then) record of 88 miles for the month.



August I've always been a fan of August, even though Texas makes it hard to love this particular month.This year, Amy and I launched the Morning Glory Yoga Studios' Literary Reading Series (still trying to come up with a better name for that), I turned 27 years old, we spent a long weekend camping and hiking and sweating at Enchanted Rock, and I officially registered for the Austin Marathon. Eek!




September I love September - it's the start of a new semester, and seems like a chance to begin again, again. This September, I started my creative nonfiction class, which I loved. I also learned how to make raspberry freezer jam, realized how weird my brain is, and went on our last camping trip of the season at Hidden Beaches.



October October is second in my mind only to August. I rode in the Pineywoods Purgatory and achieved a new record distance for cycling - 72 miles! Two weekends later, I broke yet another record by competing in my first half marathon. In non-exercise news, I decided to forgo NaNoWriMo for the first time in four years, and Amy and I hosted the second - and equally successful - literary reading.



November Just as busy as October. I'm realizing that I tend to cram a lot into the fall months! In November, I traveled to Austin for Jo's baby shower (hello, little Max!); competed in the New Orleans Urban Adventure Race (and had an awesome time in NOLA); celebrated seven years with my lover and best friend; received the best early Christmas present ever; and gorged myself at the Thanksgiving of Champions Oh Nine!



December December is already half way over, which is hard to believe. In two days, we leave for a long drive and extended vacation in New York, visiting family and friends, and we won't be back in Texas until after the New Year. I'll be tweeting from the road, of course, and updating when I can. Oh, and biting my fingers as I wait to hear about graduate school, which won't be until March, at the earliest. Sigh.

Next up: Resolutions Oh Nine (the good, the bad, and the unfinished) as well as my goals for 2010. Until then!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like it's been a good year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and exciting year! I can't wait to see what you come up with for 2010.

    ReplyDelete