Sunday, January 10, 2010

and we're back

In a sense, that is.

We're back home, having arrived late Thursday night. Friday and Saturday were spent organizing the vast amount of new stuff we acquired in New York (my parents went a little crazy for Christmas this year) and last night, I had a few friends over for a big pot of soup. Yes, in a funny twist of fate it turns out Texas is experiencing an arctic blast, the coldest weather this area has faced in over 14 years. So we leave 18 degree weather only to come back to... 18 degree weather. Life is funny sometimes.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, and while I am not really looking forward to 40 hours a week in the office (or any office, for that matter) I'll be happy to return to my normal routine. I am so glad to be home - my bed! My kitchen! My trails and grocery store and soup night! - but I still feel slightly unhinged, a little aimless and uncertain about what, exactly, I'm supposed to do next. This is due not only to the end of vacation, but to a lot of things - the beginning of the new year, wondering if any of the schools I applied to will accept me, changes a-foot with friends and family. As much as I make goals and lists and plans, and follow through on most of them, I never really know what I'm doing. I never really feel in control. Life is funny sometimes, and has a way of surprising you.

Tomorrow I'll start writing posts with photos again - these walls of text are a little unnerving - and I'll be back to my old self, or my latest New Me, because let's be honest - they're basically the same thing. I hope you're having a good weekend and a great start to OH TEN. Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Vacations are always exuberantly welcomed and most appreciated. However, there is something about the rhythm of a routine that just feels right too.

    ReplyDelete