Friday, January 29, 2010

friday +/-

Oh, but this has been a long week. Between my lingering cough, a lull at work, and obsessing over marathon training I'm ready for one long nap. It's a good thing today is Friday! Here're your good and bad for week, starting with the bad so's to end on a better note.

- My lingering cough. When I take deep breaths, there is a distinct wheeze down in my lungs. Also, I sound like a seal. After much concern from my co-workers, I made a doctor's appointment for Monday.
- I already miss Digital Projects. Wah, wah, wah.
- My social life has taken a dive, what with me being sick and all my friends being pregnant. Let me tell you, you do NOT want to be the person that gives a pregnant lady a chest cold. Bad karma, ahoy!
- Howard Zinn died on Wednesday. I heard him speak last year and was amazed at his eloquence, intelligence and compassion. He'll be greatly missed.


And now for the good.

+ I ran 20 miles, which was awesome and made me feel excited for and confident about the Austin Marathon all over again.
+ We finished season one of Battlestar Galactica, and then promptly ran out and bought seasons 2 and 2.5. We're addicted, y'all.
+ Tomorrow, Nathan, Amy and I will be taking part in the first ever Adventure Race at SFA. It's a short race (3 miles of running, 2 miles of biking, and 40 yards of swimming) and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully this will be the first of many!
+ The weather this week has been pretty awesome. I love being able to comfortably run outside again, and Seamus loves going to the park after work.


Happy Friday, and here's to a weekend full of spontaneous adventures and quality times. See you Monday!

7 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, my social life has taken a nosedive because all my friends have chest colds. :) Also, I have a strict 8 p.m. bedtime. <3 Love the pic of Seamy at the park! Molly has been enjoying basking in the sun outside when I come home at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 +/- Fridays

    Good for you for getting out there and doing the 20 miles while being sick. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sad about Zinn too. Then, Salinger. Wow. I've heard that there's supposed to be a graphic novel of his Zinn's book too, have to look into getting that for our library.

    Hope the cough get's better soon.

    Noticed your half way to your fundraising goal! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to put Salinger on my - list. That was also sad.
    I'm hoping to be better by Monday so I can run and be social and not go to bed so early. Cross your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howard Zinn totally changed the way I taught social studies. I can't even imagine the overall influence he must have had during his life. Stunning, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I not know about this SFA adventure race???

    ReplyDelete
  7. check out the giveaway in my blog
    http://myideaoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete