Tuesday, February 02, 2010

are you a warrior?


I might be. I just signed up for the Warrior Dash which, I have gathered from their website, is a 3.51 mile long race that features 14 "obstacles." From the site:

"Warrior Dash is the ultimate event for thrill-seeking athletes. This running series is held on some of the nation's most demanding and unique terrain. Participants will conquer extreme obstacles and celebrate their feat with music, beer, warrior helmets and muddy shorts." Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome to me. Here are some more gems from the FAQ:

What do I get?
  1. Free beer.  
  2. Warrior helmet.
  3. Bad-ass Warrior Dash t-shirt.
  4. Custom Warrior finisher medal.
  5. Live music.
  6. Post-race food and water.
  7. The pride that comes along with being a Warrior.
  8. Warrior race bib.
  9. Steel warrior helmet age division prizes.
  10. The craziest frickin’ day of your life.
Why do we get warrior helmets?
They’re awesome.

How do I train for Warrior Dash?
  1. Day one: run as far as you can. Go home. Day two: do the same thing.
  2. Find the dirtiest pond in your neighborhood and snorkel in it - in your slippers, without goggles.
  3. Practice your climbing and crawling skills at your local jungle gym.  Ignore the small children and parental glares.
  4. Do not shower or shave for weeks in order to obtain a true Warrior look.

    Seriously though, your best bet is to do plenty of running leading up to the race.
I'm pretty pumped! The race isn't until May 2nd, but I'm posting it here in case any other Texans want to get in on this action. Slots are filling up fast - they had to add a second day to the event, and we made it into the 9:30am wave on Sunday.

Races! I love them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, FUN! I love things like this. I bet there are ones like this around these parts ... I just need to look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be one in the Northwest, but they haven't announced the dates yet.

    ReplyDelete