Monday, February 08, 2010

weekend recap - happy homebodies

We had a long and relaxing weekend, which was so refreshing, so rewarding, that I sort of feel like a whole new person this morning. Since this is going to be a busy week, I'm glad to be starting it off on the right foot!

Friday: As you might have been able to tell by my Friday night post, I decided to eschew all the fun things offered to me in favor of staying home and reading a book. I did not regret this decision in the slightest.

Saturday: A busy-ish day. I went to yoga in the morning, and in the afternoon I set out for a 15 mile run - my last long run before the marathon! I was feeling really good until mile 12, at which point my right knee started to bother me. I decided to call off the run at 14, because that last mile had the potential to do little good, but a whole lot of bad. Later, my knee felt fine by my left quad was sore. Go figure. This week, I am planning to do two or three short runs - no more than seven miles at a time. I think I'm ready for the marathon. Even though my training and preparation has been less than ideal, I've run an 18 miler and two 20's and everything I've read for first-timers says this should be adequate. Fingers crossed!

Saturday night: Nathan and I headed to Amy and David's with Baja-Style Tempeh Tacos in hand for the season premiere of LOST. We gorged ourselves on good food and then settled in for three hours of mind-blowing entertainment. I love LOST and the first episode answered absolutely no questions. I have no idea how they're going to wrap up this crazy show, but I can't wait to find out!

Sunday: We have a new Sunday morning tradition, and it is to wake up whenever, make coffee, and spend the first two hours of the day reading in bed while Seamus snuggles up in between us. Seamus helped me read Finn's novel - she wrote it during NaNoWriMo last year, and then edited and printed it herself. This is incredibly impressive, as all my NaNo novels are hidden away in some deep dark place. I'm half way through it now, and really enjoying it. Seamus feels the same.

 

  

Also on Sunday: a donation yoga class to raise money for Haiti (we raised $505); filing our taxes; cleaning the house (dog included); Rashamon; and homemade soup and this bread recipe, which was delicious (even if mine wasn't quite as pretty as the one pictured). 


 

All in all, an excellent weekend! I hope yours was just as nice. 

2 comments:

  1. a cute doggie reading my zine! best pictures ever.
    -finn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the marathon, Chrissy! You're going to do great!

    I won't allow myself to get sucked into Lost.

    ReplyDelete