Friday, May 21, 2010

let's go ride a bike!

I know that the Friday +/- is usually my last post for the week, so I hope you'll forgive me for sneaking in one more - don't worry, it's a good one! You see, through the lovely ladies at Academichic, I recently discovered another great blog - Let's Go Ride a Bike. Written by two cycle-happy women, the goal of LGRAB is "to encourage more people, especially women, to rediscover the joy of riding a bike by showing that life on two wheels can be simple, stylish and fun." I can get on board with that!


One way they're achieving this goal is by hosting the LGRAB Summer Games.The idea is simple - there are three main categories, and six events in each category. Participants complete two events in each category any time during the specified three week period, and report their activities back to LGRAB via blog post, email, or Flickr. Not only is this a fun challenge and a great way to add a little twist to your regular rides, but there are prizes! Good ones, too!

Needless to say, I plan on taking part in the Summer Games. The first category - Social Cycling - is currently underway, and lasts until June 6th. Plenty of time to take part and get your ride on! I'm not yet sure which events I'll complete, but you can be that sure I'll write about them here. Until then, and have a great weekend! (For real this time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment