Wednesday, June 02, 2010

soft diet

My wisdom tooth recovery is going very well, thank you. I didn't take a pain killer (the generic version of Vicodin) until yesterday around 3pm, when the Novocaine wore off and my gums started to throb. Unfortunately, the meds made me feel really sick - my heart was racing, I felt nauseous, and my hands were shaking. I crawled under a blanket and laid on the couch until Nathan got home from work, at which time he proceeded to make me mashed potatoes. Once I got something in my stomach, I felt much better. Go figure. I'm guessing pain killers + empty stomach are a bad idea, but I gotta say - this whole soft diet thing is already getting old! I'm home, I don't feel too terrible, and all I want to do is get in the kitchen and cook up some crazy concoctions. Alas, it's all oatmeal and yogurt for me.

Strawberry soy yogurt. I had two of these yesterday and will probably have two more today. Luckily, they were on sale this week at the Kroger!

Before my appointment, I made corn chowder in the crockpot. I used an immersion blender to make it as smooth as possible. 

Nathan made me mashed potatoes for dinner. Well, he peeled, chopped and boiled the potatoes. I added the almond milk, Earth Balance, and chives.

Throw in two vegan pudding cups, and that concludes yesterday's adventures in soft foods. I stayed home from work today, even though I'm feeling quite a bit better, because working in the archives while on Vicodin could be disastrous! I had some chewy oatmeal for breakfast, which was not too bad, so now I'm going to see how a lukewarm cup of coffee treats me. Cross your fingers that it treats me fine, because staying home all day without coffee seems a fate far worse that wisdom tooth extraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment