Tuesday, June 01, 2010

two teeth down


After two years of stubborn denial, I finally got my wisdom teeth removed this morning. I am currently sitting on the couch with Seamus, my mouth full of gauze, hoping the Novocaine will wear off as slowly as possible.

I have to say - the procedure itself was surprisingly quick and easy. I opted for a local anesthetic and so was awake for the whole thing, which literally took less than forty minutes, beginning to end. The removal was a bit uncomfortable, but not really painful. Lots of pressure, some poking, and two really bizarre cracking sounds, but other than that - nothing. Getting my teeth cleaned is more of a pain, but that might be because my usual dentist is a bit of a jerk.

I took today and tomorrow off from work to recover, and I'm hoping to be 100% by Thursday. Until then, I'll be eating soft foods (I currently have corn chowder in the crockpot, and a refrigerator stocked with soy yogurt and vegan pudding cups), taking pain killers, and counting the minutes until I can take this gauze out of my mouth. Regular posting (including my weekend adventures, a recipe for black bean chili, and a debate about eggs) will resume tomorrow. Until then!

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. They would NOT give me a local when I got mine out and my heart rate dropped to 34bpm BEFORE I even fell asleep!

    Hope your recovery is a breeze. I spent mine watching a LOT of movies/TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's a smooth recovery! Mine was... not. I have high hopes for you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. vegan pudding cups? i'm intrigued. where do you find such treats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling much better today! Thanks for your comments. :)
    @Zay - you can get vegan pudding cups at Kroger! They're in the produce section, by all the vegetarian stuff. They are usually kind of pricey (around $4 for a pack of 4) so I only get them when they're on sale/for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete