Friday, July 23, 2010

puppy poll!

Even though I've introduced our new puppy to the world as Parker, I am not completely in love with the name. Nathan and I have been going back and forth since the moment we saw him, trying to settle on something that was not too cutesy, but not too weird. Something we wouldn't mind shouting at a dog park, but which would not summon twelve other dogs with the same name. Basically, we want a name that is original, easy to say, doesn't end in a -y sound, and contains a hard consonant. To aid us in this decision, I have created a handy poll, located in the right hand side of my blog, for your voting pleasure. I can't promise that we'll choose the winning name, but I can say that an overwhelming number of votes for any particular choice could tip the scale. While I have a current favorite, I'm going to keep that to myself so as not to influence votes. Also, now that you've seen photos, let me know if you have any additional suggestions we may have overlooked!

I'll be back later with my Friday +/-, though I bet you can guess what the big + of the week will be! ;)

9 comments:

  1. Harper. Totally.

    In addition, I'd like to mention a pro/con to now having 2 dogs:

    Con: you'll now find yourself saying, "Alright, whose vomit is this?!" when before, you KNEW.

    Pro: I don't know how old Seamus is, he still seems half a puppy, but having two dogs of different ages keeps the older dog more active and "younger". Turbo is at least 12, but thanks to Chani, he acts much younger than that, and is a lot healthier for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seamus is six and he (and we) have gotten a bit lazy in our old age. I have already found myself taking both dogs on longer walks than usual, because we need to wear the puppy out! I'm hoping puppy will keep Seamus young, and that Seamus will pass on his great personality to the young 'un.

    But yes. "Who's vomit is this?" is not a question I am looking forward to asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was YOUR birthday present, right? Why are you consulting Nathan at all? (Just kidding.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to name Seamus, so it's only fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dog's name is Murphy which is completely unoriginal. If we ever get another dog, I want to name him Alex Trebek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for Harper! My dog's name is Bailey, but my husband picked that name. I thought it was only fair since she's his first pet ever, and he'd never been able to name one before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Euker is the name. Part Eugene and part Parker. But, I'll vote on the lovely names you have listed :)

    I'm so EXCITED about the puppy!!! The pictures of them side by side were priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come to think of it, Euker really sounds like puker...which would always seem like the answer to your question about vomit. Scratch Euker :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For dog names, here is one good source to find an uncommon one:
    Dog names

    ReplyDelete