Tuesday, August 10, 2010

guest post on (never home)maker!


One of my favorite blogs, (never home)maker, is celebrating Healthy Living Week by featuring "How I Got Fit" guest posts from their readers. I sent in a contribution and you can read it right now! (If you haven't guessed from the above photo, roller derby saved my soul.)

Didn't you know I used to be Madame Furie, rollergirl and captain of the Iron Maidens? True fact. I played from 2005 to 2007, until my league (The Nacogdoches Rollergirls) broke up, and my second league (Pineywoods Roller Derby) never quite got off the ground. I used to blog about it almost exclusively, which you can see by my label cloud in the sidebar, as "roller derby" is still the biggest/most used label.

And that is your bit of Chrissy Trivia for today! Now get thee to (never home)maker and get reading for lots of healthy inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I did not know that. So you must have been teammates with my friend Erin Saylors then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember Erin! I can't remember her roller derby name though. Man, I'm getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's very funny "roller derby" is one of your biggest tags. Surprising too, because you are so well-rounded for a girl of your age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading over your roller derby posts, I'm in the process of joining a league myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Fun! I wish I had as interesting a story as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Monster Girl - I hope you can get something out of my old posts! The most inspiring ones are in the beginning, before things went south. :P

    @Erica - Every story is interesting! You just have to find the right way to tell it.

    ReplyDelete