Monday, August 16, 2010

i won the lottery!

The Houston Marathon lottery, that is. ;)


This was the first year the Houston Marathon did a lottery system for registration, and also the first year I decided to sign up. First time's a charm! I'm really relieved to have gotten in, as my other choice would have been the San Antonio marathon in November, which means I would have had to start training last month. And with the weather we've been having, the thought of logging all those miles makes me feel just a little bit sick. 


The lowest temperature we've had in the last two weeks has been 97 degrees. And this is all before the humidity and the heat index are taken into account! With a January 30th marathon, I won't have to get serious about training until October, and that sounds perfect. Until then, I'm going to be working on my dreams of a 1:55 half marathon, walking my dogs at least an hour each day, and doing all the yoga that I can.

Houston or bust, y'all! Whee!

5 comments:

  1. I know I already congratulated you on twitter, but I wanted to do so here as well. It's wonderful that you got in and that you can postpone the heavier duty training until cooler temps arrive in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Congrats! See you there! With many exclamation points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go! And hey, if you win that lottery again next year and I manage to qualify for the trials, we'll be running the same course, if not the same day and race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Have fun - Man that race map looks intimidating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, congratulations! I am looking forward to following all your training!

    ReplyDelete