Monday, September 13, 2010

back from the edge


Sorry for the disappearance, but I just got back from a glorious weekend in the mountains of Massachusetts, celebrating the wedding and marriage of one of my oldest and dearest college friends. I'll post more about that later (three days away from town makes for a very busy Chrissy) but suffice to say: the wedding was perfect, the weather was breathtaking, and coming home was really, really hard.

And speaking of being busy, I wanted to quickly share something exciting with you! Last week I got an email from a woman who offered me a free copy of a new book that comes out tomorrow, in exchange for a review on my blog. Naturally, I was pretty excited, as my blog is not huge and I've never received anything of monetary value through it. (I blog for the love of blogging, y'all!) I was even more excited when I realized that the book was one which I had just that morning marked as "to read" on my Goodreads account. (Which is probably how the PR lady found me in the first place - the Internet is lovely!) The book should arrive next week and I'll let you know what I think after I've read, but I have a feeling I'm really going to like it. I mean, seriously - 9 Steps to Work Less and Do More?  That's pretty much my life's goal, so I'm very interested to see what advice, tips and guidance Mr. Robbins can offer me.

I hope you had a perfect weekend and are embarking on a productive week. Onward to Friday we go!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture! And how exciting you got a book to review, behold the powers of the interwebs! :) Sounds like a topic we can all benefit from. I'll be curious to hear what you think! Now maybe I should focus on reading the tome I'm in the middle of and make some movement on my every growing "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week is kicking my booty!

    I can't wait to hear more about the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! You must have had a gorgeous weekend in the mountains--the weather's been great in VA!

    ReplyDelete