Friday, September 03, 2010

friday! friday! friday!

Guys! It's Friday, and Monday is Labor Day, and that means beginning at 5pm on the dot, I will be relishing a rare THREE DAY WEEKEND! This calls for celebration. This calls for projects (new linoleum in the kitchen? Perhaps!). This calls for rest and relaxation and a long run and lots of writing. But I'm getting ahead of myself. First things first!

 This is why I don't have too many photos of Calvin. He never stops moving!

Things about this past week that got me down:
- Despite planning out my dinners for the week, as usual, I didn't stick to the list at all. We had weird meals and even ordered a pizza last night. Must plan better next week!
- My procrastination is out of control. Scooter paperwork, getting books for class, ordering a wedding gift, finding a dress for the wedding, finishing the yoga newsletter. All in progress, and by progress, I mean totally stalled. Must break this habit soon.

I love weeks where the minus list is nice and short! Moving on to the good stuff.
+ Calvin's obedience training class is picking up! We're learning more tricks, he's doing really well, and class totally exhausts him. Plus the instructor said he would be "a great dog." I am so relieved, and so proud of the progress he's made these last few weeks.
+ Speaking of classes, I started my fiction workshop last night and I love it. There is nothing I like better than sitting in a room of people, talking about stories and writing. It was like coming home. 
+ Even though the scooter isn't quite street legal, I rode it to yoga on Wednesday evening and did not fall off or crash into the sidewalk. Progress!
+ We've had rain nearly every day this week, which translates to cozy evenings on the couch, with a glass of wine and the last season of Battlestar Galactica.

I guess that about sums it up. It's been a quietly busy week, for which I'm grateful. And now - onward to the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Good job, Calvin! Any week when the pluses outweigh the minuses like that is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the fiction workshop, a scooter on the street, and an energetic Calvin! Procrastination happens, don't sweat it too much! & enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! 2 days late on my google reader but oh well, it means I have been having a good weekend! I'm glad you had a nice short - list this week! I've also been loving this rain! It makes for much more bearable temperatures so I was able to have a lovely dinner with friends OUTSIDE friday night, and during the week I spent some cozy afternoons on the couch with a book or movie.
    I have a weird thing with rainy days and use them as an excuse to let myself relax. I usually like to feel productive all the time and don't let myself take the time out to read a good book in the middle of the day or settle in at night with my laptop and a movie. but for some reason, my mind tells me that's what rainy days were made for, and who am I to deny the rainy day?? haha
    Another +, soon i'll be able to bring back biking and running! I'm looking into some 5k's or 10k's for the fall. I know those aren't long distances for you but you should check some out and see if you can take a vacation to Houston to join me for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you mentioned yoga. We took a friend that was visiting to see all the shops downtown this weekend and we passed by the studio. He does yoga in San Antonio and thought about doing a class while he was here but the timing didn't work out. He really liked your newsletter! (There was one taped to the window.) I told him I would ask if you use a specific program to format it and such. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Erica - I actually use Microsoft Word. I insert a text box where I want to type or put a photo, and then type and put the photo in the boxes. The first newsletter took a long time to get just right, but now I just resave the previous month as the new newsletter and fill it in with current information. I am sure there's a better and more efficient way to do this (InDesign, anyone?), but so far it's worked for me just fine. I'm glad your friend liked it! That means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete