Friday, September 17, 2010

friday +/-

Amy took this photo of Calvin, and I love it! He looks so long and stretched out and floppy, probably because he is! 

Man, this week kicked my ass. I'm so glad it's Friday. Here's the rundown:

- After a perfect weekend in Massachusetts, we got back to town very late on Sunday and had to be up early for work on Monday... On Tuesday I had to rush to the food shopping and then take Calvin to doggie school... On Wednesday, I rushed to make and deliver dinner to Chay and co (a pleasure, as I got to meet and hold their new baby!)... On Thursday I rushed home from work and then back to the university for class... Are you seeing a pattern here? Too much rushing and not time to sit and recover from a weekend of travel and partying. But hey - that's what this weekend will be for!

- Calvin has been on a tear this week. He forgot what few manners he had while we were away and in the span of twelve hours, he found and wouldn't let go of a dead squirrel at the park, got peed on by Seamus, woke up at 4:00am and wouldn't go back to sleep, and tripped me on our morning walk, causing me to fall down onto the pavement and scrape my knee. Nathan has decided that he does not like Calvin, and I keep reminding him that he didn't like Seamus at first either, and now they're best friends for life. Nathan does not like puppies, and doesn't understand why Calvin won't just do what we say, when we say it. It's been a journey, friends, but I am determined that at the end we will have not one but TWO awesome dogs. (You hear that, Nathan!?)

- The high of the wedding weekend has made these last few days feel especially low. I'm ready for the next big adventure, but I have to wait another year for it to begin. Yes, there are daily adventures happening right now, and most of the time I can appreciate my life for what and where it is, but sometimes you just want to GO. You know?

- Training took a hit this week. That's all I'm going to say about that.

 And we can't forget Seamus. Photo compliments of the talented Amy, once more.

Lest you think all I do is complain, let's move on to the +'s!

+ Having two wonderful friends who are willing and able to take your two dogs for three days while you dash off to a wedding, and return them happy, tired and healthy when you get home.

+ The births of two wonderful new babies in one wonderful week. Congratulations again to the Rs and the MRTs!

+ On Monday night, I went to yoga, and in savasana I dreamed of sushi. We could order takeout and eat it on the couch while watching Battlestar Galactica. When I got home, I found that Nathan had read my mind and already had the sushi waiting and BSG in the DVD player. That, my friends, is love.

+ It's Friday, which means the weekend lies ahead, and what could be a bigger plus than that? Onward, my friends, and I'll see you on the other side, refreshed, renewed and ready to take on the world. Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Calvin is lucky he is super duper adorable or he could find himself with a hobo stick. :)

    Here's to a nice calm weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin is super cute, and I'm sure he will eventually become an upstanding canine citizen! I hope your weekend is relaxing and not full of rushing. I totally got my ass handed to me by this week, too, so I'm ready for a low-key weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked reading about Calvin and Nathan not liking him. The other day (Bowser has been really mischievous this week) John asked why "we" got a dog when we did and what were "we" thinking and so on and so forth. I had to remind him that it was HIS idea to begin with and that I had told him it was a bad time and that it would be a huge strain. Boys. Dogs. I don't know how I ever get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome pictures! that picture of seamus's tongue just defines doggieness! Your hard work with Calvin will pay off and you will have a calm, well-behaved, loyal pup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Erica - I keep reminding Nathan that HE found Calvin and HE basically brought him home. When Seamus was a puppy he was, "Chrissy's dog." Then it was "our dog." Now, he's "Nathan's dog." Boys. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete