Tuesday, November 09, 2010

30 for 30: Day 2


First things first: the last ten items that I forgot to include yesterday, when I realized I can't count to 30.


I'll describe these items in more detail when I actually wear them, but please note the vegan cowboy boots which I love and am never quite brave enough to wear. This month, that all changes.


Today's outfit includes yet more brown, but I promise I'll wear a non-brown item tomorrow. I am still working on posing, but this morning's photo shows how much I desperately need a haircut. As I am currently growing my hair out, that isn't happening any time soon. C'est la vie. I also tucked in my shirt, which I never, ever do, because the whole Internet would (potentially) see this outfit and I didn't want to look like a slob.


Brown shoes, brown socks. I love brown!


I also love this shirt. My mom got it for me a few years ago and I like that it is both simple and fancy at the same time. I'm a sucker for lace and poofy sleeves, even though that combo can get kind of princessy. I like to think I avoided the princessy thing with all the brown and the pants, but still: dangerous territory. 

PS: Last day to vote! Unless the last day to vote is tomorrow, in which case: second last day to vote! I'm in 20th place and need to stay there to move on to the second and final round, so click click click!

9 comments:

  1. I did my usual four votes this morning and will do more once the computer lab is empty.

    Now on to the outfit. I love this! Tucking is very hard for me to do. I feel awkward and self conscious when I tuck. The tucked look really works for you. You look long and lean and of course sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks friend! You make me want to post outfits every day. I do like this outfit more than I thought I would. Maybe tucking is my friend? I do NOT like my hair or my facial expression though. Must work on both these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't subscribe to that every day fashion blog that has that lovely lady on there I think you have nicknamed E? Check out those ladies and their poses. Have Nathan take several photos of you and have fun with it. It's not like your wasting film. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! So simple yet dressy all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some seriously amazing boots! Where'd you score those?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like we have a lot in common: libraries, living in Texas, beers, books, and movies! I love the concept of your blog being dedicated to better living. I'm excited to see your remixes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so much color in your wardrobe! I'm a big fan of wearing neutrals and pastels but I love big pops of color! And you're in Texas so boots are always acceptable :) Perhaps with the blue dress?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are doing this challenge. It marries two of my favorite blog topics to read about: being active and fashion. Two things that I know nothing about. Which is why I read blogs like yours. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Rebecca - thanks! I'm excited to see your remixes too!

    @running with chopstix - I do love color! I have worn the boots with the blue dress before. Hopefully I'll find a few other ways to wear them too. :)

    @anon - active fashion is awesome!

    ReplyDelete