Friday, November 12, 2010

30 for 30: Day 5


It's Friday! Fridays are awesome, and not just because the weekend starts at 5:00pm. I work at a university, in the research and sponsored programs office (aka, the grants department) and we are expected to dress "business casual." But on Fridays? On Fridays, we are allowed to wear jeans IF we also wear purple, the official school color. This is known as "Spirit Fridays," which is corny but I don't care. Jeans!


Here we have jeans from Old Navy and a purple shirt from some mall on Long Island (this was another purchase prompted by my sister. I think I got it at Kohl's?). The scarf is a thrift store find and I thought it added some interest to what would otherwise be a kind of boring outfit.


This scarf is a little bigger than it looks. Once upon a time, I wore it as a shirt. Can you imagine? Actually, don't. It's kind of embarrassing. Also, I must credit the 30 for 30 challenge for prompting me to even dig this scarf out. I have found that putting my outfits on the Internet makes me more adventurous in my sartorial choices. You'd think the opposite would be true, but alas. The human brain is a strange, strange place.

Happy Friday! (And don't worry, regular readers - the Friday +/- will be posted this afternoon!)

6 comments:

  1. Chrissy, these posts are the best! I'm staying tuned for more fashion fun times! Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! I'm so glad you like them. I know it's only day 5, but I'm kind of loving outfits posts! We'll see how I feel on day 28. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of this outfit. :)

    I also have Olivia participating in Spirit Friday with a purple outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm particularly partial to scarves, owing about a hundred of them myself. I find they add interest to otherwise plain outfits, and in my case, make it seem I have more clothes than I do, since I can wear the same thing on several days, just change up the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been fun to see what you wear everyday. (& to see you everyday!) love the scarf. -finn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Finn! I am hardly ever in front of the camera so this has been interesting in that sense. <3

    ReplyDelete