Friday, November 05, 2010

friday +/-

First a video. This is what our dogs do about 75% of the time. If you look closely, you can see Calvin try to get in a little humping action, which Seamus does not appreciate.



Oh, the joys of a two dog household!

As for the rest of the week, it was a pretty good one. Here's the rundown:

- I finished the vocabulary section of my GRE book, which went pretty well. I like words. I'm now working through the math section and OH MY GOD I HATE MATH. It's not that I'm bad at it - I took advanced algebra in high school and really liked it. It's just that I'm woefully out of practice. That's what art school and a degree in library science will do to you. On the bright side, my GRE scores are the least important part of my applications and only half the schools even require them. But still. Math.

- Calvin is still driving us crazy. But in a good way. Mostly. 

Really, it was a pretty good week. On to the pluses!

+ I have rediscovered my cooking mojo! With the cooler weather and two new cookbooks (reviews coming soon!) making dinners is fun again. Which is good, since I'm trying to go a whole month without eating out. This week was successful, and started with a lentil and turnip soup that was delicious and lasted three days. I love soup for lunch on cold days.

+ Running after work is getting easier. As in, I actually do it now. See? I can be flexible!

+ Now that Nathan and I have a Wii, we've been taking advantage of Netflix Instant Viewing more than ever before. It's so easy to access and watch, and it looks great on the TV (as opposed to when we had to hook my laptop up to the television and mess around with the screens to get it to show up). This week, we watched Son of Rambow, which was funny and touching and quirky, and we've really gotten into the show Parks and Recreation. In related news, I never miss cable and am so glad we don't pay for it. (Well, except for Sunday nights when Mad Men is on AMC. That's the only one that stings.)

+ And lastly, not to state the obvious, but it's Friday and I have another fun weekend planned. Between a local 5K, a possible craft night with friends, lots of fun baking and cooking, and a 15 mile run on Sunday, I plan to take full advantage of the next two days. I hope that you do, too!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for discovering your cooking mojo again! I look forward to your cookbook reviews, but also any recipes that you may want to share. I'm always on the look out for food inspiration.

    Also, sounds like a fun-packed weekend! Hope it all went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to running, and I just discovered your blog. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vegan Snorkeler! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't worry too much about the Math Section. Grad Committees in the Humanities know that even if you score in the 600-700 range on that section you are still below the 70th percentile. Almost all who go into the hard sciences and engineering programs make an 800. So don't sweat it.

    Great job on the running post-work!

    ReplyDelete