Thursday, November 18, 2010

the GRE and day 9

I survived the GRE yesterday. I did better when I took it five years ago, probably because I cared more. Only half the schools I'm applying to require the GRE, and the other half need my scores mostly to fulfill an admissions requirement, and not because they really care how I did. Yay for art degrees! I am happy enough with my score and hope to never take the test again, ever. After the test, I spent a very nice afternoon at the coffee shop, working on my applications and drinking a giant soy latte, which made my evening yoga class lots of fun! Ten applications takes a lot of time, and it looks like I'll need to finish my portfolio and personal statements as soon as humanly possible. But writing and editing is way more fun than studying for and sweating through the GRE, so cheers for that!

In other exciting news, my Good Mood Blogger video is finished and has been submitted. It's online and you can find it if you're savvy enough, but I'm going to post it here tomorrow when voting for round two opens. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope you'll like it as much as I do!

And now: the 30 for 30. Yes, I'm still missing still some days. Yesterday's photos came out terribly and so I'm going to retake them at some point. I've decided not to stress about this whole 30 for 30 thing, because it's supposed to be fun and as much as I like to over-schedule myself and set slightly impossible goals, stress is not actually fun. But you know what is fun? This outfit. Mostly because of the socks.



Brown and yellow is a favorite combination, and I love any excuse to wear fun socks.

Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. Woohooo! Congrats on getting the GRE over and done with! I know how good it feels. Love the socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks freaking rock! The rest of your outfit is pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the GRE! Fingers crossed for your applications too. When I saw the picture of your socks I was hoping you were wearing a skirt! :)

    And I can't wait to see your video! Although I'll wait til tomorrow so I can vote :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the socks are a hit! I have worn them with a skirt before, but I have to look at least semi-professional when I go to work. ;) Maybe I'll rock the socks proudly over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, those socks rock! Must be such a relief to have that test over and can't wait to see your video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! For being done with the GRE. I recall the relief fondly...especially now that I'm gearing up to study for not one but two standardized tests required by my profession.

    I love your socks! I think I own them (rather, I think I own two pairs of them)...I've worn them for the races I've run during LGBT Pride...and also for Halloween this year. Rainbows FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I know how huge a relief that must be! I love this 30 for 30 idea. I just cleaned out my closets and have realized how much I don't wear and how much I should just throw out.
    It's so funny you wore those socks! I have some exactly like that. They're rainbow, thigh high, and I wore them as part of my Rainbow Brite outfit this Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete