Monday, November 01, 2010

halloween pupdate





About a month or so ago, I got really excited about the prospect of dressing Calvin up for Halloween. You see, I'm not really "that" kind of person, but after six years with Seamus, who is so big and such a strange size that no doggie outfits could or would ever fit him, the chance to get Calvin a costume was too good to pass up. So off to Amazon I went, ordering an adorable skeleton outfit for my pup. I got a size medium, seeing as he is just over six months old and surely that would be large enough.

Well. When I tried to put his costume on yesterday, I realized it was too small. And not just a-little-tight-around-the-middle small. Not just I-need-to-unbutton-my-pants-after-dinner small. No, this costume most definitely did not fit, not even a little. Even though I could only get it around his head and even though he didn't like the hood, I still managed to get a few photos. I was disappointed, but got over it quickly enough. Calvin, I'm afraid, has been scarred for life. Oh, well. Maybe we'll try again next Halloween.

6 comments:

  1. Awww cute Calvin overload! Even if the costume didn't fit, he's rockin' it in these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total cuteness! Bailey wouldn't put up with a costume even if it fit her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I particularly like the hood bit, but it seems he doesn't...oh well, next year you'll have to get a large (or extra large) costume! You know, I didn't even know they did Halloween costumes for dogs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love the face in the first pic! We didn't try to dress Bowser up. We ended up being too busy for much of anything this Halloween. :-\

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute even if it's too small.

    ReplyDelete