1. Making the big (and hard) decision to leave the library and start a new job across campus.
2. Celebrating Nathan's graduation with a Masters in Environmental Science!
3. Flying to Massachusetts for one of my best college friend's beautiful wedding in the mountains.
4. Welcoming so many lovely new people into the world, including Olivia, Andrew and Ruby June - each of them happy, healthy and beautiful.
5. Adopting Calvin and adding a new member to our family! He might not be a real baby, but then again - maybe he is?!
6. Spending Spring Break spent in Oregon visiting Kealy and Phoenix, eating my weight in delicious vegan food, biking, hiking and a few days in a tiny cabin on top of snow covered mountain. Definitely my best vacation ever!
7. Training for and running the Davy Crockett Bear Chase with Amy, where I set a new half marathon PR.
8. Finding out I was accepted to the MFA program at University of North Carolina-Greensboro, my number one choice! Even though I couldn't attend the program, knowing I was good enough to get in was incredibly motivating and such an honor.
9. Running my first marathon on February 14th, 2010. It took me four hours and 43 minutes. Whew!
10. Getting published for the first time in a real live literary journal.
Despite some disappointments, I would say that 2010 was a pretty great year. I feel like the theme of the last twelve months was WORK HARD. Apply to schools. Run and get faster. Take classes. Train Calvin. Do too much, all the time. It paid off, but I'm hoping that 2011 will be a little more relaxing. I've laid the ground work and done the difficult stuff. Established the good habits, if you will. I'm still going to work hard this year, but I'm hoping that hard will come easier. That's the plan, anyway!
Have a happy New Year's eve! Tonight, the only hard work I plan to do is in the partying category. ;)