Friday, December 17, 2010

Weekly +/-

Busiest. Week. Ever! But after today, there are only two working days (next Monday and Tuesday) until my glorious ten day vacation, our trip to visit Nathan's parents' farm in Illinois, and a fun New Year's Eve party at our place. Surely I can hold on until then?


As for the week that we're wrapping up:

- I had my first application for grad school due on Wednesday, as well as the final portfolio for the "fun" class which took up way too much of my free time. Somehow, I got the application submitted and the final handed in on time. Don't ask me to tell you how.
- Applying to ten MFA programs simultaneously is not advisable. My professor was telling me that law schools have a central location where your materials are uploaded, and then each school just fetches what they need from there. That sounds so easy and simple, and I have no idea why creative writing programs haven't caught on. I feel like getting through the application process is the first way they test your ability to overcome obstacles and endless forms.
- I've been talking to a graphic designer friend about helping me redesign my blog. I want a sleeker, more professional site and have been frustrated with the limits of what I can do in Blogger. In the meantime, I played with the layout and colors and gave it a face-lift. If you're reading via RSS click on through and let me know what you think!


And now for the goodies!

+ The busiest semester in the history of semesters is officially OVER! Now all I have to focus on for the next six weeks is having a great winter break and training for the Houston Marathon - only six weeks away!
+ Even though I had to skip my long run on Sunday, I used vacation time and did it Monday afternoon. 18 miles, and I wasn't even that sore the next day! Granted, they were pretty slow, but still. My body is adjusting to marathon this year much better than last year!
+ You might be wondering why I've illustrated this post with photos of old photos of fruit. It's because I got an early Christmas present from my mom - a Brevelle juicer! Oh, yes. I'm excited. I haven't used it yet, because I haven't had time, but I'm looking forward to experimenting with juices and incorporating more raw foods into my diet.
+ Exciting weekend ahead! White Elephant gift exchanges, gingerbread baking, holiday card writing and addressing, and we can't forget that 20 mile run scheduled for Sunday. It should be a wild one, and I'm looking forward to it.

How did you week pan out? Are you ready for the holidays, looking forward to a vacation from work, or holding on by the skin of your teeth? Either way, I think we can all celebrate the fact that it's Friday. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment