Friday, December 24, 2010

Yuletide Greetings, Y'all!


Happy holidays from me and Nathan, Seamus and Calvin. I'm finally on vacation, and not a moment too soon. I'll be taking the next week off from everything, including blogging, but don't worry - I'll be back in 2011 refreshed, relaxed, and raring to get cracking on my resolutions for OH ELEVEN. What will those resolutions will be? You'll have to come back in January to find out!

In the meantime, I'd like to leave you with a very special Hennessey family tradition. I thought everyone celebrated Christmas this way, but apparently only a few of us are lucky enough to have the yule log video. It's a continuous film of - yes, you guessed it - a yule log burning in a fireplace. It plays on basic cable and every Christmas morning, while opening presents, we watched as it slowly burned on the TV. After the gifts were unwrapped and before dinner was on the table, you could always find my father sitting in his chair, the glow from the Christmas lights reflecting on his beer bottle, gazing into the fire. And now, though YouTube, we can all enjoy this very special tradition. It's a Christmas miracle!



I hope you all have a happy, healthy and joyous holiday. See you next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment