Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Eat the Internet for Dinner

Twitter is awesome. I say this as an avid user and as a former librarian. It's the best way on the Internet to follow an eclectic bunch of interesting people and endlessly distract yourself with all manner of links, updates and fascinating minutiae. It also good for stalking keeping up with certain vegan celebrity chefs who have completely revolutionized the way you think about, look at, and prepare food. And sometimes, those vegan celebrity chefs even respond to you! (Click the image below to enlarge.)


Definitely one of my top five Twitter moments ever.

Speaking of the Internet, I also started a Tumblr last week. I was always a little confused by Tumblr (aka, the ultimate hipster accessory) but I think I figured it out. If blogging is for creating content, then Tumblr is for sharing things that other people have created. I might be wrong, but that's how I plan to use it. Think of it this way: if The New Me is the entree, and Twitter is the side dish, then Tumblr is dessert - pretty photos, excellent quotes and links to all the things that have distracted me in a day. I hope you'll check it out and let me know what you think!

What about you? Are we friends on Twitter? Have you mastered the art of Tumblr? Leave your links in the comments and give me more things with which to distract myself! After all, it's only Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment