Friday, February 04, 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby!


Today I got my second ever snow day as a Texan! We don't get snow often, but when we do less than an inch and some ice is enough to shut down the whole town... which is exactly what happened today! I checked my email at 6am, and sure enough the University had shut down for the day and I didn't have to go to work. The funny thing is, it didn't actually start snowing until mid-morning but we had freezing rain in the middle of the night and the roads were deemed too icy for travel. Works for me!

So far today, we've read in bed, eaten vegan blueberry corn pancakes for breakfast, drank a whole pot of coffee, watched one episode of Breaking Bad, and cleaned the house. I'm spending the afternoon working on a few writing projects (a brochure for my running club and the yoga studio's monthly newsletter). We did take one break from our relaxing/productive day in order to introduce Calvin to the snow and let Seamus frolic through the falling flakes. (Seamus mostly tried to eat the snow, but Calvin was into it.) Seamus is in green, Calvin is in blue. They're almost the same size these days and can be hard to tell apart!







I hope that where ever you are, you're warm and dry. Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Haha- I have QUITE a different picture of red berries on my most recent post- sunny LA that I was dreaming about while stationed in frigid MN.
    Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at your boys! So so cute, and they are definitely loving it, unlike my little princess of a dog. I walked and played with a big dog this weekend, definitely a must in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, love the pics! Love snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful winter wonderland! Happy Friday to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your snow days. I live in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for snow days!! Somehow though, Christy has managed to go into work anyway because she has a conference there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs and snow - always a cute combination!

    ReplyDelete