Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Just Some Notes

We woke up at 4:30 am on race day and found this awesome sign left by our gracious hosts, Vicki and Jeromy. We have the best friends!

1. I successfully ran the Houston Marathon this past Sunday! It was a tough race with a lot of ups and downs, but overall I'm very happy with my performance and am currently crafting the race recap to end all race recaps. I hope to have it up some time tomorrow. To tide you over until then, here's a teaser!

2. Today begins Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge: Winter Edition. I am still planning to participate, but my laundry is currently piled up and I had a hard enough time putting on pants this morning, nevermind looking presentable enough for a photo. I will start tomorrow instead.

3. Yesterday Nathan and I both called into work sore and took part in a significantly easier marathon - that is, back to back to back episodes of Breaking Bad, which is a very entertaining, engaging and thought-provoking television show. It's about a high school chemistry teacher who, at the age of 50, discovers he has lung cancer and decides to cook and sell meth as a way to make a lot of money for his family in the short amount of time he has left. The premise is surprisingly challenging ethically and has sparked a lot of conversations between Nathan and I about the nature of right and wrong. Highly recommended!

4. More soon. For now, I have a lot of work to catch up on and a race report to write. Until then!

6 comments:

  1. haha- I'm more of the "TV marathon" than "running marathon" type of gal. Congrats on the race, and what a nice note from your friends! I live for notes :)
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to the finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate @ Run w/ Kate1:02 PM, February 01, 2011

    Woo hoo! You did it! :) I will be doing it on Sunday... for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 30 for 30 Challenge is also exciting! I've seen a lot of bloggers that are doing the Project 333 - 33 items of clothing for three months... not sure if I could do that one with the way I know the is going to be up and down here over the next three months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really difficult! I don't think I have the creativity or fashion-know-how to make that work. I'm having trouble just starting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll do great! I've followed along with your training and you've been killing it - so fast! Can't wait to read about the marathon!

    ReplyDelete