I'm a little behind on my goals and everything else this week. Let's just blame it on the fact that it's spring break and everyone deserves a break now and then. On Friday I'm going to Florida for four days with one of my sisters and I doubt I'll write much while I'm lounging on the beach and getting a massage. Which is why I must get my writing goals accomplished before we leave!
But first: let's recap week one of my writing goals.
- I successful entered "The Wedding" in Ploughshares Emerging Fiction Writer's Contest. Good luck, little story!
- I also submitted my short story "Distance" to five journals. I used the excellent website Duotrope to find appropriate journals, which really helps the process. Finding the right places to send your work is time consuming.
- I made it through one revision of "Dread" and tightened it up quite a bit. I think it needs one or two more revisions before I can resubmit it. If anyone out there is a super critical editor and wants to tear an essay to shreds, let me know. We can do a trade!
- The March newsletter for the yoga studio is done. Colleen asked if she could see the newsletters, and she can! They're posted every month on the studio's blog.
- The only thing I did not accomplish this week was to begin something new. We were out of town all weekend, which shall be my excuse. I'm glad I got the other things done, though - it will make this week's goal easier to focus on.
- Begin something new.
Do you have any goals this week? Share or link them in the comments! Accountability is, after all, the key to success.