Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday +/-



 A study of texture. 1,2,3.

This was one of those weeks that seems never ending. Each morning I woke up thinking we were a day ahead - that Tuesday was Wednesday and Wednesday was Thursday. It is finally Friday and I couldn't be happier.

This week, the downs were pretty low.

- I attended the funeral of my friend's father, which got me mulling over death and dying and just generally feeling sad for people I love.

- I am broke! I lent Nathan money early in the month thinking I had enough to carry me through until his second paycheck. (I get paid once a month, he gets paid twice.) I was wrong. Stupid math.

-My knee is still feeling tight after the half marathon this past Saturday so I haven't been running much this week. Even though I need to rest it so it doesn't get worse, I miss my morning runs! Lesson learned: if you plan to run a race, make sure you train properly.

Overall, though, it was a mostly stellar week.

+ I met my good friend Sonnie at the gym during our lunch breaks for a weight session. I've been meaning to make a commitment to strength training and this was the first step. My goal is to lift weights two to three times a week, to compliment my running and yoga. Weights always make me feel great; it's finding the time to fit them in that's tough. Lunch dates with good friends are a huge help.

+ We're re-watching season three of Mad Men right now, one episode a night before we go to bed. I love that show. Definitely the best series on the air right now.

+ Seamus had been having stomach problems the last few weeks - needing to go outside and eat grass in the middle of the nigh, a rumbly stomach, messy stool. We took him to the vet and basically came to the conclusion that he has food allergies. So now he's on a fancy (IE, expensive) food for sensitive stomachs. Even though it's only been about a week, I can already see a huge difference in his behavior and the way he carries himself. He just seems so relaxed and comfortable. I only wish we had taken him to the vet sooner.

+ I successfully filed me taxes this week (with moments to spare!) and was pleased to see my refund was bigger than I expected. I guess student loan interest payments are good for something.

+ Tomorrow evening, I'm headed to a conference in Houston for university grant administrators. It's my first conference for this field and I'm excited - mostly for the food and fun of Houston, but still. It should be a learning experience no matter what, and (nerd alert!) just think of all the new places I can check in on foursquare!

That about sums up my week. How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. I love your "study of texture" here. Very cool!

    I have similar experiences as yours whenever someone important to me or a loved one dies. I struggle with it, knowing that death is unavoidable and will probably, someday, take many of my loved ones away from me. It sucks. But you aren't alone in your sadness. xoxo

    ReplyDelete