Friends, I have been slacking big time on these writing goals. Better yet, I don't have any good excuses! I guess I could blame my allergies, which have been particularly brutal this year. Mostly though it's a bout of laziness. While I'm excited about a few projects, I just haven't made the time to sit down and work on them. I will try and change that this week - but first, last week's damage.
To refresh your memory, my goals were:
- Continue working on the East Texas Gothic piece. Aim for 500 words a day, starting tonight. I think I did this once. The story was coming along. Now it's stalled.
- Write another book review. I reviewed Sharp Teeth! Go, me.
- Start and finish freelance work. I am half done. I finished the social media stuff, but I still have to work on the yoga newsletter. It's coming alone.
- Finishing reading and review Poser. I've fallen back into the habit of watching movies and TV until the point of sleep. Need to get back into reading before the night slips away from me. Also, this book is overdue. Don't tell the library!
- Finish (finally) first draft of East Texas Gothic piece.
- Write one flash fiction piece. (That would be 500-1000 words. Or less.)
Anyway, that's the plan. I'll let you know how it goes.