Monday, June 20, 2011

Homebodies

This weekend was mostly spent in and around our apartment, as we cleaned it from top to bottom in preparation for the showings we had scheduled for Sunday. And I am happy to say that our apartment is currently beautiful.


We washed the windows. We swept the porch. We packed up and/or sold our clutter at a yard sale (and turned a bunch of garbage into $125!). We mopped, dusted and vacuumed. Twice. And on Sunday, we showed potential buyers around our condo and crossed our fingers. No one bought it on the spot (that would be too easy, I guess) but I think we did a good job of extolling it's virtues and drumming up interest. We have three more showings this week, which is great and awful. Great, because the more people who look at it, the better our chances of finding a buyer. Awful, because the longer people are looking at it, the longer we have to keep it this clean and tidy. We'll manage, and who knows - maybe we'll end up cleaner, tidier people when this is all over. A girl can dream, right?



This weekend was not all work and no play, however. We found time to bottle our latest batch of beer (a red ale) and finally sampled our previous batch (a cream ale, pictured above). The cream ale was pretty tasty. I thought it could have been more carbonated, but since it wasn't flat I'm not complaining. It's a nice, light beer - perfect for a summer day. I'm looking forward to winter this year because stouts are my favorite but they're definitely a cool weather brew.

There was also a Sunday evening bike ride with the new bike gang in town (literally - there were about 20 of us and the event is basically a weekly joy ride - lots of fun!), beers and conversation on Amy and David's porch, and a super sweaty four mile run with Nathan. But mostly? The apartment. Convincing someone to buy it is our main goal right now.


And now it's Monday and I'm back in my office, at my desk, with a giant to-do list in front of me and a beautiful pine tree outside my window. Things could be worse. I'm glad they're not. I hope the same is true for you.


* My apologies for the gratuitous use of the Instagram app, but my camera is too bulky to carry around in the Texas heat and Instagram makes iPhone photos look so nice. Free, too!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive weekend!  I don't really enjoy cleaning, but I love having my apartment in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the showings went great for a first round!  And the bike gang sounds super fun--I love joy rides, they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the instagram effect!  And I agree: it's hard to keep up the momentum to maintain a really clean living space.  I'm pretty tidy and clean in general, but a little clutter and mess is almost inevitable if you are enjoying a busy, fun, fulfilling life.  So good luck!  I think your place looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really hope you're able to find a buyer soon!  I didn't realize that you owned.  For some reason, I guess I just assumed that you were renters.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a normal world, we would be renters. But Nathan's parents (my in-theory-laws) helped us buy our apartment six years ago, which has been awesome. Selling a place is very surreal but I'm pretty sure we'll have a buyer by the end of the week. Fingers crossed! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I really like our place too, especially when it's this clean. :)

    ReplyDelete