Thursday, June 02, 2011

June 2011 Goals


I haven't made monthly goals in a while. I also haven't been productive in a while. Coincidence? Maybe. After seeing the awesome goals some of my favorite bloggers have been making, I decided to jump back on the goal-setting wagon. My plan for June is as follows:
  • Write for at least 30 minutes every day. Write something new or work on revisions - both will count towards this goal.
  • Read for at least 30 minutes every day. Books, journals and magazines count. The Internet does not.
  • Post one recipe per week on my blog. Cooking rut, be gone!
  • Continue to weight train with Sonnie twice a week on our lunch break. I pay for a membership to the Rec Center, so I really should be using it. Also, muscles. But mostly? I want to unlock the Gym Rat badge on foursquare. (Shut up.)
  • Finish cleaning, de-cluttering and organizing all our wordly possessions and material goods. Didn't you hear? Summer Cleaning is the new Spring Cleaning.
  • Finally put together my damn roller derby scrapbook. I have a ton of newspaper clippings, bout programs and other assorted memorabilia from my derby days. I'm not much of a scrapbooker but I'd like to organize this box of stuff to better relieve my glory days.
  • Make an appointment with the lady doctor and convince him to give me an IUD. I will blog more about this later, I'm sure. Consider yourself warned. 
Getting all those things done will make me feel pretty awesome about June. Oh, and for the first two goals I am stealing/adapting an idea from Raquelita (aka Historiadora on the Run). I made a new Google Calendar named "Goals" and at the end of each day I will enter how much time I spent writing and reading. It's not quite a gold sticker, but it should get the job done. Accountability, ahoy!  

7 comments:

  1. Lauren from Texas1:03 PM, June 02, 2011

    I am loving these goals!!! Totally inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren from Texas1:04 PM, June 02, 2011

    Err, that is to say, THEY ARE totally inspiring me. Who gave me an English degree?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic goals, and I applaud your decision about the goal calendar.  Accountability, ahoy, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I'm glad you like them. I used to be an avid goal setter. I would have a goal of how many goals I wanted to set! I'm glad to be back to my ambitious ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm excited to have monthly goals again! Looking at the big picture makes the 9-5 go down a little easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound like some really great goals! I also have set goals of how much writing I need to get done each day in order to meet my longer term goals on my dissertation. And I definitely am guilty of spending my reading time during the day looking at blogs and online news rather than with an actual book in hand. But I'm reading "Taking Off" by the Australian author Matt Howard now and I'm really enjoying it. It's definitely giving blog reading and  Dexter on Netflix a run for its money (or my time, that is). 

    S. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. My lady doctor suggest the IUD. I haven't figured out the insurance aspect of it, but she was totally open to the idea. Good luck. 

    ReplyDelete