Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Three Things and One Teaser

One. Last week, I wrote a guest post for the kind and inspiring Rose-Anne of Life, Love and Food. She's hosting a Vegetarian Bootcamp series, full of interesting posts and thoughtful musings about the what, why and how of vegetarianism. I've enjoyed reading along and I was honored to offer a contribution - my story of discovering the meat-free life, and my reasons for sticking with it for over a decade and counting. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Two. I finally decided to add a little personality to my scooter. It's small and subtle, but it sure makes me happy. There's nothing like the little things.


Three. If you like photos (and who doesn't!) then you should know that my younger sister (Susan, the middle child) has started up a tumblr account showcasing her awesome photography. I'm especially loving her food photography and I think you would, too.

Teaser: I am sitting on some pretty exciting news that I plan to reveal later this week. Suspense! Intrigue! Mystery! But first: life, duties, responsibilities and all that other not-so-fun stuff. At least there's something exciting to look forward to. :)

8 comments:

  1. How did I not know you had a scooter? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! I've had it since last summer. I mostly ride it when it's too hot to bike, and it is officially summer in Texas. Thus: scooter season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're engaged! I'm calling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I think too!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guest post was really fantastic!  I enjoyed reading about how you came to vegetarianism and both cracked up at and felt somewhat disgusted by the description of the meal you prepared.  :)

    I love that sticker on your scooter!  

    ReplyDelete
  6. 26.2, baby!  That is awesome and the sort of secret runners' language that I love.  I should get a "13.1" decoration for my bike :-)

    And yes: "life, duties, responsibilities..."  That's totally how I feel sometimes when there is something exciting brewing.  I suppose it's just life, grown-up style.  But I am excited to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete