Friday, July 08, 2011

Friday +

First of all, I need to tell you that I am typing this post in the newly redesigned Blogger. I think it's only available for those using Blogger in Draft which, if you do not use, you definitely should. I'm really liking it - so clean and simple! I know that Wordpress is all the rage for Serious Bloggers but I just can't keep my love for Google Products in check. Also, I am not that serious. Also also, I finally got a Google+ invite but I have no idea how to use it and hardly any friends. Let's change that, okay?

In the meantime, let's talk about my week. Again, I have all +'s (including the Blogger redesign!) and no -'s, which is always a + in my book!

+ Yesterday I drove to Dallas and back. I had to drop our house guest, Dan, off at the airport and I took my lovely friend Eralda along for the ride. This was the farthest I've ever driven by myself (seven hours round trip!) and I was nervous about the journey. Turns out my fears were unfounded - I got us there and back with no issues whatsoever. This included navigating the Dallas airport, which is ridiculous, and driving Eralda and I to lunch at the finest vegan diner in all of Texas. It was a really nice trip, mostly because on the way back Eralda and I got to spend some quality time together. Important, because today she leaves Nacogdoches and I don't know when I'll see her again. Goodbyes are sad and hard, even if you're stuffed with vegan brownies a la mode and wonderful conversation.

+ I'm still Shredding! I missed two days (4th of July festivities and subsequent hangover) but then I jumped right into level two and OHMYGOD. Jillian Michaels is crazy. I especially like the part where she tells me that I should be gargling my heart during the cardio. Right, Jillian. Let me get on that.

+ I found two houses for rent, both of them on the same sweet circle, both within my price range and with a lot of the things on my list. I really hope at least one of them is still available on July 28, when we make our North Carolina debut.

+ The local paper is doing a story on cohabitation before marriage. Obviously, I emailed and begged asked them to interview me. I have a pretty nice track record of ending up in the local paper for one thing or another and couldn't pass up the chance to get my photo printed one last time. They are going to interview us on Tuesday. Welcome to life in a small town!

+ Only five more days left at my desk and 18 more days until we move. Hello, Terror. I've been expecting you. In the meantime, it's Friday and the weekend is just a few hours away. Terror can wait.

Happy Friday!

10 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that the houses are waiting for you when you arrive in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know if someone would write an article around here about co-habitation before marriage because it is so incredibly common. I'm sure your interview will be great. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try the Shred - I love Jillian! Is it awesome??

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Google+/Blogger changes are rather cool. I added you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big dittoes on what Raquelita said about the houses!  (Seriously, it's like she read my mind...whoa.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! Same for NY. Small towns are strange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is awesome. It's short but TOUGH. When I'm done, I'm dripping with sweat and a little shaky. I can only do 5 pound weights on most of the exercises. And it's over before you know it! I still haven't tried level three and frankly, I'm skerred. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Added you to my Internet circle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love google products. I saw your tweets about it.


    I just got on Google+ and am trying to figure it out myself. I didn't a single thing on it so really I have on idea what it is or what it's for.

    You better link to the story about cohabitation when it gets printed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still trying to figure out Google+ myself. I *was* trying to scale back my online life, but the Internet makes that very hard to do!

    I will definitely link the story when it's up. I think we're being interviewed this evening!

    ReplyDelete