Monday, August 08, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Happy Monday! It is Monday, isn't it? Did you know that tomorrow is my birthday? I had to double check. This is the first year I haven't been shouting my up-coming birthday from the roof tops for weeks prior to the day. It's not because I'm too old for that (I will be 29, which I consider very young), or because I think birthdays are silly (they're the best day of the year!) but because we've been so BUSY. Moving is extremely distracting.

On the home front, our improvements are paying off. A lot of people have commented that our house doesn't look so horrible, and they're right. Despite it's quirks, it's a nice little home. The main problem upon our arrival was the filth and grime that covered it, which is now mostly gone. For example, just today I realized the streaks on the bedroom wall were not, in fact, a bad paint job, but a bad wash job. One hour and five dirty rags later, the walls look much better.



In non-home news, two pretty exciting things have happened. First, I joined a yoga studio! It seems like a nice and comfortable place, and offers 80 classes a week in a bunch of styles, at a variety of temperatures. Yesterday I went to a hot power Vinyasa class and sweated out all the wine I've had since I moved here. It was wonderful and I can't wait to go back.

The second thing is that this morning, I woke up early and went for a run. Since I don't know the area very well, I downloaded the Map My Run app (free!) and took my iPhone with me. The app told me how far I'd gone and at the end of my run, created a map of my route. I ran three miles at an easy pace, stopping to snap photos of a bike trail near our house (above) and a sweet little bunny (below). When I finally finished up I was sweaty and sore. The first run back is always the hardest.




Today, we are installing shoe molding in the living room and study and I'm trying to decide what I want to do for my birthday. I'm pretty sure the beach will be involved, as well as Thai food and vegan cupcakes. Whatever we decide to do, I'm sure I'll blog all about it. Until then!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the molding install!  The yoga studio sounds great--I found post-move yoga to be the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost-birthday!  I'm happy to hear that the house is starting to feel more like a home.  And your yoga studio sounds amazing!  80 classes a week?  Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete